Pages

Friday 21 December 2018

WEEK1 DAY 1 ACTIVITY2

Activity 2: North and South [4 points]
The country of New Zealand is made up of two main islands – the North Island and the South Island. Approximately 77% of the New Zealand population live in the North Island. Many of these people (including our Summer Learning Journey design team) live in Auckland city. Auckland is a great place to live with lots of amazing parks, beautiful waterways and stunning scenery to enjoy. It is also a busy, vibrant city with many cafes, museums, galleries and theatres to visit. I feel lucky to call Auckland my ‘hometown.’
Now it is time to think about your hometown. What is special about where you live? On your blog, describe your hometown. Be sure to include lots of describing words (adjectives) in your post.



TASK DESCRIPTION: THIS WEEK WE HAD TO FINGURE OUT WHY OUR HOMETOWN WAS SPECIAL HOPE YOU LIKE IT. for this task we had to write about the meaning behind my home town what i liked about it and why it was specia to me l i chose 2 places and that is tonga and Nz

1 comment:

  1. Malo e lelei Hilary,

    Thanks for sharing so much information with us about both New Zealand and Tonga. They are both wonderful countries and they have a number of similarities, don't they? They are both island nations with friendly, kind people and access to beautiful, natural environments. I had the chance to visit Tonga on two separate occasions and I loved it both times. The first time I went to Tonga with my son, Aronui, and the second time I went with my partner, Andy. Each time we stayed on Tongatapu Are you originally from Tongatapu or does your family come from one of the other islands? I really want to explore more of Tonga and plan to go back in a couple of years.

    Speaking of traveling to Tonga, do you get the chance to go back very often? If so, when was the last time that you were in Tonga?

    I hope that you and your whole, extended family both here in NZ and in Tonga have a lovely holiday season and a healthy and happy start to 2019.

    I'll pop back soon to see if you have had time to post any more SLJ activities. No worries if you're too busy!

    Bye for now,
    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete